The SeRC Summer School 2017 will be hosted by the Visualization Center C in Norrköping. It is located in the city center in the middle of Industrilandskapet (an historical industrial area from as early as the 1750’s) next to the river.
602 33 Norrköping
While you make not have heard of this small regional city, Norrköping is surprisingly well connected. The city lies on the main high-speed railway-line and the arterial motorway (the E4) between Stockholm, to the North, and Malmö, to the south-west. It is also served by no fewer than four international airports, Norrköping, Linköping, Nyköping (Skavsta), and Stockholm (Arlanda).
The options for travel break down into five basic routes:
1) Flights into Stockholm (Arlanda – ARN)
- Flights from all over the world come into this airport and it is quite easy to get from the airport, north of Stockholm, to Norrköping by rail. There are a number of direct (Regional) trains from the airport’s own long distance train station, but the most common route is to travel to Stockholm Central Station using either the Arlanda Express train (every 15 minutes and takes 20 minutes) or, much more cheaply, the flygbussarna bus service (every 12 minutes, taking 45) for the journey to Stockholm central train station. From there trains depart at least every hour to Norrköping. The last train goes at 21:45 from Stockholm Central.
NB: When taking the train to Norrköping from Stockholm it is important not to get off at Nyköping by mistake. The train time to Norrköping is between 1h20min and 1h50min depending on type of train. Many of the trains stop at Nyköping first, about 45 minutes earlier and they can sound confusingly similar to the non-Swedish speaker. Make sure you check the announcement board and get off at the right station.
2) Flights into Nyköping (Stockholm Skavsta – NYO)
- Most of the flights into this airport are budget airlines such as Ryanair and Easyjet and this can provide a very low-cost alternative from many locations in Europe. There is a quick (50 minutes) and regular bus service from Skavsta to the bus station in Norrköping, in walking distance (less than 15 minutes) from the conference hotels.
3) Flights to Norrköping Airport (NRK)
- There are a few direct flights from European cities but the main route is via the major hub in Copenhagen, Denmark. Connecting flights take approximately 50 minutes and Norrköping airport is a ten minute taxi ride from the city centre where the conference centre and hotels are located.
4) Flights to Linköping City Airport (LPI)
- With taxi/bus to the train station (about 15 minutes) and a local train (30 minutes) to Norrköping. There is a regular service from Amsterdam to Linköping, Amsterdam being a hub to many European and US cities.
5) Rail services
- There is also the option of using European rail services for those of you living reasonably close. Direct trains via Denmark to Norrköping are available and might provide a more convenient, cheaper and more ecologically friendly alternative to air travel. For details on those routes please contact your local national rail provider.
Show Sigrad2017 Travel on a larger map
|Norrköping Airport||~3 km||NRK||www.norrkopingflygplats.se|
|Linköping City Airport||~37 km||LPI||www.linkopingcityairport.se|
|Stockholm Skavsta Airport||~48 km||NYO||www.skavsta.se|
|Stockholm Arlanda Airport||~155 km||ARN||www.arlanda.se|
|Norrköping Train Station||~1 km||www.sj.se|
|Norrköping Airport Bus Service||~1 km||www.flygbussarna.se|